INSTITUT BALEAR DE FLEBOLOGIA
Experts in Varicose Veins
Palma • Ibiza • Menorca • Porto Cristo • Cala Millor
- For the first time we offer the best varicose vein treatment at your fingertips anywhere in the Balearic Islands.
- We offer the most advanced treatment for varicose veins today and we bring it close to you.
- All the treatments we offer are completely AMBULATORY, including saphenous vein surgery.
- We work with all insurance companies.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: we offer you the experience of VASCULAR SURGEONS with more than 25 years of experience solving Circulatory diseases.
What our patients get:
- A complete assessment of venous circulation performed by a SPECIALIST in circulatory pathology.
- A DOPPLER ECOLOGY examination, which is essential to determine the extent and stage of varicose vein disease.
- AT THE FIRST VISIT a full outline of the strategy to be followed in the treatment.
- The ability to receive the treatment agreed with the specialist ANYWHERE in the BALEAR ISLANDS without having to think about travel or transfers.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, access to state-of-the-art treatments that allow complete surgery of varicose veins in an AMBULATORY way, minimally aggressive and without having to worry about issues such as anaesthesia or overnight stay in a health centre.
Dr. Jorge Zarzar
- Degree in Medicine from the University of Navarra
- Specialist in Cardiac and Vascular Surgery via MIR at the Hospital Universitario de Sant Pau (Barcelona).
- More than 25 years of experience in cardiac, vascular and endovascular surgery and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators.
Of spider veins and varicose veins
- FLEBOESCLEROSIS: of an aesthetic nature.
It consists of applying microinjections of medication into the vascular bed of the teleangiectasia (spider vein) or varicose vein to be sclerosed.
The medication can be infiltrated either in liquid or foam form, is ambulatory and practically painless.
«VenaSeal» saphenous vein ablation
- Using only local anaesthesia at a single point on the leg, the skin is punctured with a needle and a catheter is inserted into the vein and positioned under ultrasound control.
- With an injector, the amount of adhesive that enters the vein is graduated and with a slight pressure, the vein is closed. Over time, the vein thus sealed is transformed into fibrous tissue that is reabsorbed by the body. The catheter is removed and a small bandage is placed over the puncture site.
- There is no need for stitches, bandaging or elastic stockings. The patient can immediately return to daily activities.
- VenaSeal is superior to other treatments currently used, such as endovenous laser, as the latter releases heat, requiring the infiltration of anaesthesia at multiple points on the leg to alleviate pain and avoid the risk of skin burns.
- Venaseal is the ideal procedure for all those patients who require saphenous vein surgery, but are still afraid of an aggressive procedure. It does not cause inflammation or pigmentation and the recovery time is much shorter.
Of symptomatic varicose veins
- FLEBECTOMY: Consists of the microsurgical removal of varicose veins performed in the operating theatre under local anaesthesia. It is performed on an outpatient basis.
- ABLATION OF INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SAFENA: Consists of the endovascular application of thermal energy (radiofrequency) or a glue (cyanoacrylate) to make the vein in question fibrotic and dysfunctional without the need to remove it.
It is performed in the operating theatre under local anaesthesia and on an outpatient basis.